As know there are many internet sites giving information about this topic but I would like to tell you from my post as I am one of such soldiers who joined as an OR in the army and got commissioned from ranks to become an officer. Indian Army provides every Soldier with a chance to become an Officer by different entry options before he Retires.
How a Soldier Can Join Officer Cadre?
a) ACC-ARMY CADET COLLEGE
b) SCO- SPECIAL COMMISSIONED OFFICER
c) PC/SL-Permanent Commission (Special List)
All these entries depend on the age group of the aspiring soldier. But here I would like to discuss only ACC entry about which I am fully aware of:-
- Age group: 22-27 years
- Education qualification: 10+2
- Medical category – SHAPE-I
- Services- anyone OR/JCO of any of the army/navy/airforce/territorial army.
- Any soldier of any trade, any background whether in training can apply for ACC entry.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THROUGH ACC ENTRY
- Three years training in ACC wing to get graduate in BA/BSC from reputed JNU, Delhi with full payments of your older rank.
- One, if under age have an opportunity to rose to the rank of COAS also.
- Opportunity to learn new games and sports
,improvecommunication skills, clubs like horse riding, swimming, MND,varietyDelhi other programmes.
- from my personal
experienceit is the best entry of whole Indian army
- Apply for ACC exam from unit or regimental through proper procedure from office.
- There are two times when new boys join acc wing in June end and dec end.
- After getting
for ACC exam there call wllbe examin which there will be 3-5 exams on different paper.
- On qualifying the exam you will get call letter for SSB.
- After going through SSB if got selected u will successfully join ACC wing
Tips for successful SSB test:
I want to tell you all that this is my personal experience of SSB. I was selected from 22 SSB Bhopal. we were four coursemates selected in this board. These are my personal experiences, so I hope this will come in handy for you:-
1. Have a good knowledge of your unit history, unit working procedures, duties of adjudent, quartermaster, coy & platoon cdr, commanding officer.
2. Have a good knowledge of your trade, profession, your daily work in the unit according to your unit.
3. your experiences in your posting areas, old locations, various citations, various awards of the unit and about their brief history.
4. Have much knowledge of your educational qualifications, your professionel
5. Have a good grasp of English, speak in your preferred language whether Hindi but be confident in whatever you speak.
6. Remember your words make a good impact on your interviewer.
7. Be helpful to your buddies of SSB, remember no one is judging in your free hours, so be free to enjoy there for that days.
7. One Important point my SSB was of 5 days, but now it is
ACC WING Initially established as Kitcher college in 1929 to give an opportunity to young soldiers of the army to become an abled officer to command. Now, this is opened to all three arms.
On the day of joining acc wing ,you will be welcommed by your seniors in good way and you will be allotted your companies . There are three companies in acc wing a) kargil b) nubra c) bogra
There are 6 semesters in ACC wing and 2 semesters in one year, which together makes it 4 years. Each semester is of 5 months followed by 1-month leave.
You can choose either BA/BSC degree for your acc training.you will get a good opportunity to earn good degree from reputed university like Delhi University.
1. The best of all entry for the boys who have a weak financial background and wants to become Officer in this entry we get our salaries of older services ..but in NDA they don’t get their salaries and they have to manage their own Expences.
2. Here you learn so may
3. Here you make coursemates as your friends for lifetime.You will know all your coursemates by name. Here bonding among coursemate is better than other entries.
4. You will be more mature and experience than other fresher entries.
5.Let us keep some various other
POINT TO REMEMBER AFTER JOINING ACC
1. The most important thing in ACC wing is to complete training on time, without injury and pass out with your coursemates.
Wish u good luck for ACC exam and SSB interview .come in ACC and explore yourself and new opportunities of this officer line…
If you are reading this article so it’s sure that you are aspiring to be an army officer. I hope this article would really help you in this regard.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL WHO WILL JOIN ACC WING IN FUTURE .
And make sure to subscribe and bookmark our blog. So that you never miss an update and new posts related to Indian Army Aspirants
By: Sandeep Kumar Khanna