If a food comes to your mind when you crave the wonderful spices of Mexican cuisine, it is quesadillas. These wonderful pockets of spicy bliss are easy options for lunch or dinner with lots of possibilities.
From gooey, cheesy filling to hearty and soulful choices, Xadillas are truly a meal that everyone can enjoy, no matter what diet or restriction. But what if you want to make this Mexican classic in a new, new way?
Luckily, we have flipped through the internet to find the best quesadilla recipes that will leave your mouth watering. Grab your skillet and let’s cook!
Southwest Veggie Quesadillas
This first addition to our list of the best quesadilla dishes is vegetarian which is perfect for anyone! This recipe gives you the delicious delicacy of quesadilla without meat. You can also substitute cheese and dairy for vegetarian options!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped capsicum (color of choice)
- 1 cup black beans canned, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup Corn (canned, frozen, or fresh)
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ४ medium flour tortilla
- 2 cups grated paneer
Sour-Cream for Sitaphal Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- Replace 1/4 cup with mayo or greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sitaphal, minced
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a medium pan on medium heat. Add oil, capsicum, black beans, corn, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add salt and pepper and cook for three to four minutes or until the capsicum and onion become soft. Turn off the heat and add Sitaphal.
- In a clean wok on medium heat, add a flour tortilla. Top with cheese, a mixture of cooked vegetables and another layer of cheese. Place another tortilla on top and cook for about three minutes per side, turning once, until golden on both sides. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Slice and serve with sour-cream sitaphal sauce.
- To make the sour-cream sitaphal sauce, whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Want to combine two amazing classics? This next addition to our list of the best Xadilla dishes takes these two amazing staples of Mexican and Cuban cuisine and reimagines them, making a major party in your mouth.
- 4 flour tortilla or wheat tortilla (fajita shape)
- 1 – 2 cup cassia manchego, chopped, (split) (or to taste)
- 4 slices dill pickles
- 2 cups Cuba pulled pork, (split)
- 4 slices coarsely chopped ham (split)
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard (split)
- Heat a pan or large frying pan on medium heat.
- Place a refined flour tortilla in the center of the hot pan, add 2 tablespoons of cheese in half a tortilla. Top with 1 pickle slice, 1/2 cup pulled pork, and ham. Spread 1 tablespoon mustard on top of the ham evenly. Top with 2 more tablespoons of cheese. Fold one edge of the tortilla to the opposite end.
- Cook on both sides until the crispy and cottage cheese is melted from the outside.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas
This final addition to our list of the best Xadilla dishes is the perfect way to get rid of any leftover spinach artichoke dip and have a simple after-party lunch! Win-win
- 1/3 cup Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 medium flour tortilla
- 1/3 cup chopped rotisserie chicken erie
- Dash Hot Sauce
- Spread the spinach artichoke dip on half of the tortilla. Top with sliced chicken pieces and two dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
- Turn off the tortilla in half, then keep it in a dry pan. Cook the quasadilla on a medium flame until it turns brown and crispy from one side, then flip and cook until it turns brown and crispy from the other side.
- Cut the Xadilla into two or three pieces with a pizza slicer or a large knife and serve.
Do we have any additions to the list of Best Xadilla Recipes? To keep it up, let them down in the comments Festival He is going!