With this year’s Silicon Gorge: Spring Edition we are publishing profiles of some companies that have made it through Heat. This week it’s the new fintech investment app on the block, Stratify.
Here is the marketing lead, Nikki Hawkes, to answer our questions.
1. What does your company do?
Stratiphy is an investment app that lets you build trading strategies according to your risk profile, industry preferences and sustainability criteria. It lets you see the historical performance of your selection, and gives clear instructions for buying and selling. You can create multiple strategies and run scenarios with no coding, using real time market data as well as environmental, social and governance ratings (ESG) to compare companies.
2. What problem are you trying to solve?
Analyzing the market to determine the optimal stock investment to make on an ongoing basis can quickly become unbearable and complex. We found that there were no tools in the market designed for retail investors to conduct market analysis, while being accessible, inexpensive, and Bespoke for user needs.
We also know first-hand that investment banks’ institutional and high net worth customers have access to investment strategies – so we decided to make our own and make it accessible to all.
The market for this product is very large. Robo Advisory Fintech has a growing trend of 40% a year, and is a major trend for retail investors identified by the FCA (UK regulator). Research shows that there are 700,000 active traders in the UK alone, with the total being the fastest and most millennial.3. What makes your solution unique?
Our technology performs analytics similar to those conducted by equity strategy desks within investment banks, and we are democratizing access to professional-quality trading analytics through our app. Our strategies are based on core principles; Value investing, speed investing, stock strength and quality. It can help beginners to get started, while giving experienced investors advanced tools to automate their investment process.
We focus on effective risk management and responsible investment. Our product is designed to simplify the process of stock market analysis and improve financial inclusion to generate wealth for our users by taking a long-term view of risk management and rewards.
4. What are you most proud of so far?
We have signed up with morning Star And Sustainalytics To present live market data in Stratiphy app! We’ve also started a series of podcast-style events with a company called Finize, which investors are negotiating with figureheads of the big industry. And we have been accepted SETsquared Accelerator!
5. How much are you increasing and for which investment do you want to use?
We are seeking a £ 300k investment. With this money we will:
- Get regulatory approval from FCA to arrange trades, so that users can trade on our platform.
- Finish building a whole host of new features created by us
- Have a significant marketing budget this round to develop a user base
- Expand our team
6. Which tools / people / services / organizations helped you the most?
- The Rising London Mentoring team at Barclays has truly provided valuable business insights to help us get on the ground, gaining market recognition and proof of concept.
- Andy Mulvaina from Bright Pearl also advised and encouraged us to leave for Setquard!
- Beach Design Studio helped us create a young and fun brand that we are really proud of.
7. Where can we find out more about you?
Stratify is one of the lucky winners in this year’s Silicon Gorge: Spring Edition competition! You can find the complete list of winners here.